Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast 1853 - Back in One Peice!

vnz00 · 9 · 4074

vnz00

• View Profile
Well, not technically a restoration but not technically original either (Steve Swan's views on these topics make for great reading ;)  )
So I dont know quite how to put it but a general 'tidy up'.
I have only had the tank painted and covers painted, the Master Cylinder is painted (until my anodiser returns some test parts), and the horn I am still repairing.  But basically the rest is all original chrome, paint and finishes.  I havent used any repop parts, the engine is still untampered with, and yes they are the original pipes.

Airbox is a repop, but I dont dare put the original 2 hole one on there.  I think that technically, if 28 caps are used, then the round oil filter cover should be on there too (they would have been recalled at the same time, or if one done, the other too).  But it is a finned, non ribbed one.

Tyres are of course not originals, but I do have a NOS pair in nice condition which might one day go on if I decide to restore it, and of course if they are not a pile of dust.

Engine still has some patina and the pipes I would like to restore before they deteriorate (like I had to the fuel tank), and the chrome is not perfect but overall Im quite pleased with it all.  It actually took a lot longer to do this, than to just farm the parts out to have it restored.  Believe it or not ;)  But at least I didnt need to worry about having something returned from the plating shop 'too shiny' :)

Hope you like it!
Steven V.

vnz00

• View Profile
The rest of the pics...
PS the airbox clamps have been rezinced - oops ;)

markb

• View Profile
Very nice indeed.  Inspires me to get mine done.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great finish Steve I do love those instruments. You don't want them do you.  8)
Yabba Dabba KP

greenjeans

• View Profile
Yep, she's a beauty.   Inspiration to get mine back on the road.   It's getting a "tidy up" too -   Those original pipes look great.

ack3r

• View Profile
Very very nice.
Thanks for the picture, my heart is exploding.
I want to finish my vehicle

:P
Cb 750 Four k0 1970  "restoring ended"
Xr600r 1986 ''work in progress''
Cb 750 Fa 1980
Vespa Vba1t 150 year 1959