Honda CB750 Sandcast

Case protectors

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thought I'd share this email i just received.

Good day.

I just found your site, and, it is super interesting.Thank you for putting it up.

I tried to find information about the engine case protector P/N 11353-300-010. It was not used on the sandcast engines, as it was introduced later, but, was it retrofitted to the sancast engines through a service bulletin, or some other means ? Was there provisions on the cranckcase of the sandcast engines to screw it on ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michel Lussier
Québec
Canada

cb7504

• View Profile
The case protector is a direct bolt on to the cases, but the sprocket cover is different. The new cover needs to have a slot on the upper right side just forward of the top screw mounting hole to allow the case proctor upper bracket to be bolted to the top of the case. If your sprocket cover does not have slotted area you can file it to make the cover fit. The slotted area is approximately one (1 1/2) inches long by 1/8 deep (area to be filed includes the screw hole). Marty K.  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:04:15 pm by cb7504 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you want to fit a case protector my suggestion is you NOT file/modify the original sprocket cover but to get a later cover so the original cover stays intact as an original unmodified part. Todays chains render the need for a case protector pretty well useless given the breakage of them is almost unheard of. I have seen a broken chain for years and years. My thoughts anyway
Yabba Dabba KP

cb7504

• View Profile
On ebay these covers look to be the correct covers that are the proper fitment for useage of the case protector Item's: 190564012636, 180791869273, and 120827875885  these are later covers listed as K2    Marty K.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Damn boys, I overlooked that! 576 had the case protector installed. I do not intend on putting it back in. Guess I'm gong to need an unmolested cover.   :( :(
[size=