Honda CB750 Sandcast

vin pad

cb7504 · 5 · 1937

cb7504

• View Profile
Does anyone know what the vin cut off was between the 11mm vin pad and 19mm vin pad. I have narrowed it down to between motor #864 and motor #894. Marty k.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:30:24 am by cb7504 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have heard of an early pad with a VIN in the 10XX or 11XX I think from that they may have been somewhat random as the VINs got higher. Not sure who said they have an early VIN pad but it's in the archives of this board somewhere
Yabba Dabba KP

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
E-1001106 has a small VIN pad. #'s 856 and 940 have large VIN pads, so the transition indeed appears random, exactly as KP said.

Chris
Chris R.
302/338

cb7504

• View Profile
Well who would have thought, another statistic of randomness for the CB750 sandcast. Just goes to show you nothing is written in stone when it involves the CB750 sandcast motorcycle. Marty K.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wonder what the reasoning was going from narrow to wide vin pad, other than more room...  Seems safe to assume, more narrow vin pads were seen on lower vins and as production went on, more wide vin pads were seen than narrow.  Imagine at some point, narrow pad cases quit being cast and wide pads took over.  But, when it came to one or the other, seems the guys stamping the vins did not differentiate narrow from wide as far as numbering sequence was concerned.