Honda CB750 Sandcast

New Member saying Hi

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hi All, i am a member on the UK SOHC, and the SOHC/4 site, there is lots of info on both these sites and i enjoy looking in on them most evenings and making a few posts, my SOHC bikes i own are 2 x 1977 F2, 1976 F1,  1978 Phil read rep, 1971 K1, RICKMAN CR with F2 engine, and now i have just bought a early k0, 10/ 69, so as the K0 is only two months off the last sancast and shares a lot of the same parts i feel i will get lots of good info from this site ,  rather than looking in as a guest i have joined up here and will post on my progress with the bike when i decide to restore, at the moment i have to decide wether to get it registered here in the UK before restoring it, or restore and then register, at the moment i am thinking of getting it on the road and perhaps enjoying it for a year while i save up and also source the parts needed, speaking of parts needed the only one i can't find at a realistic price is the recessed ignition switch, i have the wrinkle tank, clocks, carbs , airbox, seat double cut fender, ri black knob kill switch etc, but no igniton can any one help? i will pay the right price for the right part, i have also just found out DS is no longer stocking the HM300 pipes, and yamiya are way too expensive with shipping and import tax added, so i will have to look else where for a good second hand set.
Pete
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:25:46 am by UK Pete »

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Pete
Welcome, glad to hear you found an early one finally. Has the K1 moved on?
People keep saying the original Honda supplied exhausts are finally going obsolete - maybe not really a surprise after all these years!
Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hi chris, i still own and ride the K1, hopefully i will enjoy my new k0 as much as the k1, you just cant beat the roar from the HM300's
pete

kettle738

• View Profile

Hi Pete, it's bad news about the HM300 exhaust systems....this guy on ebay Germany sells a complete repo system he describes as a 'DAYTONA' ? I have never heard of them myself, but at face value they certainly look the part.  The system in the listing seems to be a K2 onwards 341 system, but I guess there is no harm in asking if 300s are available.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HONDA-CB750-K0-K6-NEU-kpl-Auspuffanlage-Kit-Nr-01800-341-900-HONDA-/280981637200?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item416bcf8850

Annoyingly I recently sold a presentable spare set of HM300s thinking I would just buy a new set in the event I needed them.....now they can't be had, you live and learn.

My UK bike is also a 10/69 manufacture......what is your chassis number?......

Mick.

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hi Mick i have seen those exhausts but they are not what i am after, DS also sells reproductions for the k2 onwards, i have spoken to DS , and they might be doing replica HM300's sometime next year, that will be great if he does hopefully he wont be greedy and charge the ridiculas price of the honda systems, my chassis is 1009----, i saw a set of 300 exhausts on ebay that must have been yours, i was going to bid but missed the auction
Pete

kettle738

• View Profile
Hi Pete, I know nothing about Daytona systems, but I just wondered if they might produce 300 systems now that Honda have discontinued them....could be worth an e mail to the guy who is listing the 341 set. 

My bike is 1010369, manufactured on the 22nd Oct 1969 according to the previous owners in depth research, so yours must be early October.

It's good to know DS is already on the case with HM300s , long may he continue.

Best.........Mick.