Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sancast only t-shirts, hats?

Prospect

• View Profile
Any interest in a sandcast only club t-shirt or hat?  I'm new here so I'm not sure if one is available but I/we could have one designed and submitted to one of the many t-shirt/hat online retailers.  There are many artistically oriented motorcycle enthusiasts put there and I've seen some of their poster and t-shirt designs.  I'm not sure how much it would cost to design one but I wanted to gauge interest and perhaps if we could all put in $10-$15 to pay for the design and see what we come up with and go from there.  I'd like to get at least 20 orders before we go forward.  I know this is against the unwritten self imposed code of the sandcast collectors but...
Vin 256/106

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Depending on what WE decided to have on shirts/or caps, i could be interested.

Our good OZ friend, Tom Courtney, shipped shirts over from OZ, for the 2009 meet.  These shirts were very popular and sold out quickly.

So, it's possible there could be interest in a club shirt and/or cap.

Prospect, do you have access or capablity for having logos put on shirts/caps ?

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve
There are many companies out there that do shirts, hats, mugs etc. online. First,we would need to come up with a logo and perhaps a tag line or "slogan". A contest perhaps?? If we do make a new Logo it would be nice if it was something that I could incorporate into the new site design. (no I haven't forgotten about it just hasn't been top on the priority list these days) We buy our Club shirts locally. Under $8.00 for a t-shirt printed front and rear. Good quality as well.

I have always used Phil at surelogos for my logo designs. Good work, reasonable price.

http://www.surelogos.com/
[size=

nmbr12

• View Profile
Well ,any proper logo would surely have a large number 8 for a favorable result...Tim

markb

• View Profile
I know this is against the unwritten self imposed code of the sandcast collectors but...
??? I guess I'm not familiar with that.  What code is that?

Well ,any proper logo would surely have a large number 8 for a favorable result...Tim
I like that idea.  :) I'd be interested.
Mark
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Prospect

• View Profile
I know this is against the unwritten self imposed code of the sandcast collectors but...
??? I guess I'm not familiar with that.  What code is that?

I meant that many collectors are secretive and this would sort of open their secret to the world. 

I don't have access to a printing shop but as Wayne said there are many online retailers where you submit the design and they print the t-shirts, caps for you.  They can do as little as one or many more. 

We just have to come up with a general idea for the design and whether we just want a logo or a much bigger design including two or three pictures with a background and text/slogan.
Vin 256/106

markb

• View Profile
I meant that many collectors are secretive and this would sort of open their secret to the world. 
OK, I get it.  I guess I'm not that way so I wasn't thinking like that.  If they're that secretive they're probably not posting here and wouldn't know about the t-shirts anyway.   :D :D :D
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kenhan

• View Profile
Iīm interested!

/Ken
1969 CB750 Sandcast #5084 - running
1969 CB750 Sandcast #5128 - Running
1970 CB750 next project
1975 K2 (K3-5 donīt exist in Sweden) - Running
1981 Goldwing 1100 Interstate

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
"Prospect," the real purpose of forming SOOC was to build a fellowship of enthusiasts so we could learn more about the sandcast CB750.  

2001, i came to the realization i wanted a 750 like the one my Dad purchased newed new in Aug. 1969 (4779.)  Starting my research, I quikly knew there was very much i did not know as well as for years had wondered many times about various aspects of the machine's production history.  

When i purchased 4363 in 2001, it was "game on" to learn as much as i could because i knew so little and was familiar with the rigors of restoration in making a machine correct.  Quickly, i realized there was much detail, even the experts had not yet uncovered, discovered or were unwilling to share.

Near daily emails for over 3 years w/ KP McGovern, we made the decision to start up the SOOC website.  We wanted to learn the secrets of the sandcast.

Certainly, there are, regretfully (from my perspective) a number of folks who are very knowledgeable who do not belong to SOOC.  However, the web club has been a gathering point for a number of hard core sandcast enthusiasts to share what we discover. so we can benefit along the way with our restoration efforts.

I am aware the club has likely created a "sandcast panacea," in terms of some of the items we see represented as "sandcast" on ebay.  There is no doubt many have benefited from information on the website without being involved with our efforts.

Without the website we would not have the friendships quite a few of us have formed.  We would have no Registry of existing machines.  We would not know there are nearly 100 differences between early and late production machines.  We would not know late pre-production machines exist.  Without the website the AMA would likely not honored the CB750 at 2009 VMD and had SOOC as a classic club representing the marque.  There is much more we would not have learned without this website.

I don't think anyone who actively participates with SOOC is overly concerend with being secretive; likely the opposite.  Everyone i've met in person and via email make for a great group of guys; most of us are "baby boomers" still working more or less for a living.

Without the participation we've had, we'd still have not learned as many secrets as we unearthed to date. 

Given the existance of the website and the participation we have, i don't feel were a terribly secretive bunch.