Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast Master Cylinder Piston Bore Size - smaller than later versions?

Joe K · 5 · 1455

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello All,

I have a master cylinder, which I believe is from the year of the Sandcast bike, 1969.  I purchased a re-build kit for it on Ebay.  I have rebuilt at least 2 other CB750 master cylinders before, but I am having trouble with what may be an ealier version.  The spring, piston and seal slide into the bore hole OK, but the washer and rubber fitting with a metal ring in it are a little to large to fit in the bore hole.  Has anyone else ever had the same problem and could offer some advise on what I should do?

Thank you,
Joe K.

Joe K

• View Profile
Thank you for letting me know, Steve.  I am still scratching my head on this one.  I purchased the kit so long ago, I cannot verify the manufacturer.  I don't have the packaging either.  All the part look OK.  I will keep at it and try to make it work.

Joe K.

Joe K

• View Profile
Well said, Steve.  I took my Dremel tool with the round sanding attachment and bored the aluminum enough to get the washer and rubber thimble into place.  I ripped the rubber thimble though and now have to purchase a new kit. :-\  Enjoying myself, though.  These are fun bikes to work on, but sometimes they are a real wrestling match.

Joe