Honda CB750 Sandcast

Wiring Loom Tags

Wayne · 42 · 9344

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought I bought the Honda harness from Yamiya?? I could be wrong, I just added in when I bought some other stuff there. If the new Honda harness has the tubing that's the way to go. Open it up, remove unnecessary wires and wrap in a new 0400 label... :)
[size=

Riccardo

• View Profile
Wayne, please show the job.

Riccardo
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK, after tinkering and researching I'm thinking my laser printer might be the best route as it's truly a waterproof print. Laser printing prints the image onto paper by direct contact and heat, which fuses the ink to the paper. I managed to print to the vinyl sheet no problem. I ran a tag under water, rubbed it with my fingers and it didn't even phase it. My only thought was with an InkJet printer I might be able to print a darker bolder image...not sure, I don't have one to play with. Also inkjet waterproof ink is not really waterproof?? The tags would have to be coated with a sealant. SO!..here's what  have. I have misplaced my old tag somewhere so the cut samples are not the perfect width however the font, spacing etc. is ALL faithful to my original tag. I checked that before I misplaced it. I know it's here in my messy office somewhere. My wife says it has to be as I never clean it! ;)

As you can see in the full sheet example I lose a bit of quality after the first 5 or so prints.

Any printing experts out there want to chime in? If anyone wants the file I'll gladly send it to you. It's a MS Word doc. email me at sandcast750@gmail.com

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:00:59 pm by Wayne »
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK, I have sent tags out to a couple of members and they pass they pass the smell test. ;) Thanks for the positive feedback. If anyone would like some 040 tags, email me with your full name and shipping address. It's not worth collecting money for what an envelope cost to send. We are enthusiasts here to help each other.

Send your info to:

sandcast750@gmail.com
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm having a bit of trouble getting good VIN tags printed off. The first few I sent out came out pretty nice. For some reason now my laser printer is printing lighter on the vinyl than on paper and I am not getting satisfactory results. Each one I try wastes a 8.5 x 11 sheet of vinyl. I'm going to get my hands on a inkjet with waterproof bold black ink and see how that works. Bear with me.
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK, I got some decent prints using inkjet. Some learnings about ink being "waterproof". It isn't actually, it's dependent on what you print on. Kind of like juice or something. It will wipe off some things but locks into and stains a fabric permanently. Same concept.

So, long story short I have some very nice, bold tags printed that do not "run" when placed under a running faucet. As they are tucked away under the tank they should hold up pretty well from a UV degradation perspective. There are sprays out there for UV protection on vinyl sheets however they add a gloss or sheen to the label. I'll get sending ASAP. Sorry for the delay. If anyone would like the file to make your own please let me know. It's in MS Word. You have to use Word, not a free program to open it or it will change the formatting and it will not look "correct".
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Starting sending loom tags July 2 2014. I'll get the rest sent over the next few days. Sorry for the delay folks.  :)
[size=

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hi all I recieved my loom tags from Wayne, WOW what a great job I am really impressed they are perfect, thank you very much Wayne for taking the time
Pete

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If I received an email from you with an address to send a loom tag it has been sent. Sorry for the delay. If it wasn't needing a new computer it was a printing issue.

If anyone else wants tags I have about 60 left.
[size=

kmb69

• View Profile

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wayne, Did you get my email? Thanks, Keith

Yes, finally sent Keith. Sorry for the delay.
[size=