Honda CB750 Sandcast

Chain Oiler at Front Sprocket

Joe K · 4 · 2226

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello Fellow Sandcast and K0 Junkies:

Does anyone have any suggestions to stop the oil from coming out the little hole near the front sprocket? I am assuming this is to oil the chain, but it is also oiling my driveway and I want it to stop.

Thank you,
Joe

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
hi joe
the best method i have found is to do away with the chain oiler completely and use a bolt the same size and blank it off , as some bikes came with the chain oiler and some without it ,so no worries there ,i have four cb750k0 i think two with oilers and two without , the problem is no matter how far you turn the oil path adjuster as the engine gets hotter the oil gets thinner and more oil will be thrown out on to the chain ,so you have no real control over the oil delivery ,one of my friends took his wife on a long run once only too find when they stopped at thier destination her left shoulder was covered in oil and ruined her white blouse , he swears too this day it never worked but only on that one occasion .lol the moral of the story is wreck your chain and save your marriage ,your choice
bye for now steve

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Using clear silicone sealant also does the trick. Just liberally coat the threads / underside of the bolt, after the "felt" has gone into the end of the shaft of course. Use some solvent first to de-oil everything though.

104,000 now and not a drip in sight. Wish I could ship it out to the US for the Anniversary ride.

Ride it, don't hide it! - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338