Honda CB750 Sandcast

Countershaft Bearing - 96100-6204000 Installation Question

Wayne · 4 · 1592

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When I removed the inner countershaft brg from the case I know I had to drive it out. It wasn't hard to get out but it took a few little knocks non the less. I was going to warm the case and cool the brg as I normally do when I install a brg of this type but thought I would test the fit first. I was able to slip the brg right into the case without driving or tapping it at all. It's tight, and "sticks" but it was just easier to install than I expected. Any need to worry that the bearing is going to spin in the case during normal operation? Is that a "normal" interference fit for that brg? I see in the manual they show the installation using a driver. I sure don't need one.  :-\ Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:31:15 pm by Wayne »
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wayne, You can always use Locktite to secure bearings. I've heard it works a treat
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks KP. That crossed my mind. I also thought about putting a centre punch marks around the opening so the brg would go in tighter. Maybe a few strikes with the center punch and red loctite?  ???
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:49:13 pm by Wayne »
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Few little taps with a center punch and a wee bit of loctite for good measure KP. She went in snug! :)
[size=