Honda CB750 Sandcast

More and more surprising!! VIN-1014046/E-1014138

4pots1969 · 71 · 20506

DW69K0

• View Profile
From my last post:

Asking for clarification-
The earlier sandcast engines only have the two digit date and E1 on the back of the top case but the "T" was not on the earlier cases, so why is it on these cases? When did it start to appear? Where theses cases cast at a different factory or different time period?

Was the "T" used for replacement cases sent to dealers or did it appear in normal production?

Can someone with an engine cast after June weigh in on the "T" casting charactor.....do other production sandcast engines have T designation charactor on their cases?
DW

This set of cases on eBay does not have the "T" stamped on them either.........

4pots1969

• View Profile
Here are some numbers which we could also find suspect..
But nevertheless they are authentic it is certain.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:21:59 pm by 4pots1969 »

cb7504

• View Profile
KP who ever stamped number CB750E-1002593 must have been out late the night before drinking Fosters. Marty K.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ya both wrong. The stamper was as sober as a judge, just had one eye.
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
I also know the owner of the Sandcast E-1017199.
I am going to ask him to supply me with photos of stamps to compare with E-1017118.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:50:22 am by 4pots1969 »

4pots1969

• View Profile
John,

By the way, do these engines have only sandcast cases, or are sandcast engine ? As you know, sandcast engines has some different parts  than diecast engines have. Hard to believe Honda had assambly complete sandcast engine among diecast engines. Can anyone asnwer this last question ?
Yes, and what are these different parts of which you want speak? I shall like to know them to answer you because you move forward always of hypotheses without ever any real precision.
Give I lists her parts which you consider different enter Sandcast E-1007414 and Diecast E-1007415? Or even E-1007515? Or another E-1007615? E-1007716?
If you dismantle them, you will notice that they are identical 99,99 %..:o
The assembly line of engines Diecast was exactly the same (at the beginning) that for engines Sandcast, the internal parts were the same and the alone crankcases engine and cluth cover were modified and not only on some hundreds..
I do not even imagine the high authority Honda to say has his workers: We pass has the production of engines Diecast then you throw the old stocks of engines Sandcast!!
Here are photos of the various parts of E-1017118 and who can say without making a mistake that they would not have been able to result from E-1007414? Or a lower number? Certainly nobody..
And you did not more answer has Steve very very good question:
John, how do you KNOW the frame/engine combinations are not original ?
If you have an original list Honda of the numbers VIN-E he would be interesting for the group to know her..

G.G

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:11:26 am by 4pots1969 »

CBman

• View Profile
Gerard:

ad 1: look at old parts list for sandcast and parts list for diescast K0.

ad 2: You have not true, I had just answered Steve. These informations were mentioned in other topics. It  means there was another person saying it as well, not only me. Just find it yourselve.

As I said, I told you my opinion, and I asked several questions.  I just don´t believe french sandcast because it has no sence and there is also not any proof. If there will be any proof, OK let show me it, I will change my decision. If you believe these bikes are real, I respect it, but also please respect my opinion. That´s all.

4pots1969

• View Profile
John,

I respect your opinion as I have already told it you but I do not share him, just like I understand very well that you do not share mine. Have you anything of the person who shares your "theory"?
The question of the end but with a single possible answer:  

These Crankcases are Sand-casting or Die-casting?  :-[ :-[

I do not know how you go to make to by-pass this embarrased question? But there, I trust you ;)

Thanks, Gérard.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:06:29 am by 4pots1969 »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Im my opinion;

All the parts are correct for an early K0 Evin number.

The valve cover cast is differente from the sandcast period.

The french sandcasts are authentic, motors were assembled by honda factory in a diecast period with sandcast cases, simple.

Marcello

4pots1969

• View Profile
Marcello, your opinion joins mine..
You would not have photos of one valve cover sandcast  without this hollow surrounded in red? Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:20:40 am by 4pots1969 »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
You would not have photos of one valve cover sandcast  without this hollow surrounded in red? Thank you.

Here is the cover without the hollow.

Au revoir.

Marcello

4pots1969

• View Profile
Yes, I remember now having already seen these tracks of frictions caused by the Holders
of Camshaft.. We do not wonder any more having seen this detail, why Valve cover was modified..

Thanks,
Gérard
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:31:32 am by 4pots1969 »