Honda CB750 Sandcast

PP Brighton Bike to be auctioned in UK..On Facebook spotted by James Harrington

ashimotok0 · 114 · 16026

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Am is seeing straight, is the tach from a K0 Diecast?
DW

Duane, you ARE seeing straight.  Nifty rear shocks, too.  Cannot imagine they are representing bike as correct original.  Wonder if they have engine running?  All of what we're saying set aside, truly amazing to see 2110 in the sunlight.  Very much a sandcast privilege of a lifetime.

If we're lucky, someone amongst our midst will win the auction and share more about the bike.

Wayne, if you have time, would be nice of you to create a page for 2110, like you created for 2113.... :)

DW69K0

• View Profile
I thought I would post this article with the background on the Pre-production bike Vic sold in 2014, as the article is very informative on the condition of PP 2113 before Vic passionately brought it to its current state.

I love to hear the stories behind these rare finds and details around the effort and care it takes to bring them back to life. I am not sure this is the right place to post the link, but I think it directly relates to the upcoming sale of the Brighton bike. Hope others that have not read this article enjoy the read.

I am sure most of the regular contributors has read this, but posting the link, for others who may not have seen this article. I am sure looking forward to more information and history on PP2110.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/news/honda-cb750-sandcast-prototype

I sure hope the new owner of PP2110 is passionate about bringing the bike back to correct/original condition, as Vic was with 2113. PP2110 new owner will have to invest much time an energy to make that happen.

There must be a lot of history with 2110, and I for one, can't wait to hear more of this story unfold in the coming months.

Very exciting time for CB750 enthusiasts!!
Duane

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I thought I would post this article with the background on the Pre-production bike Vic sold in 2014, as the article is very informative on the condition of PP 2113 before Vic passionately brought it to its current state.

I love to hear the stories behind these rare finds and details around the effort and care it takes to bring them back to life. I am not sure this is the right place to post the link, but I think it directly relates to the upcoming sale of the Brighton bike. Hope others that have not read this article enjoy the read.

I am sure most of the regular contributors has read this, but posting the link, for others who may not have seen this article. I am sure looking forward to more information and history on PP2110.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/news/honda-cb750-sandcast-prototype

I sure hope the new owner of PP2110 is passionate about bringing the bike back to correct/original condition, as Vic was with 2113. PP2110 new owner will have to invest much time an energy to make that happen.

There must be a lot of history with 2110, and I for one, can't wait to hear more of this story unfold in the coming months.

Very exciting time for CB750 enthusiasts!!
Duane

Thanks for your post, Duane!  the carbs have the primary circuitry adjusting screw in the front of the slide bore, so this is a gas screw, which is opposite of the production carbs having an air adjusting screw behind the slide bore.

and the 36 hole front/rim.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Steve,
If my memory is correct the top of the carb caps on PP bikes were also numbered 1-4.
Best,
DW

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Steve,
If my memory is correct the top of the carb caps on PP bikes were also numbered 1-4.
Best,
DW

Duane, i recall seeing something looking like markings on these pp carb caps, but don't remember being able to make out what the marking is.  i seem to not be remembering less and less these days....  do you remember what source where you saw those markings?

DW69K0

• View Profile
Steve,
I am looking for all the photos I saved from the eBay posting, but here is one view that shows the 1 on top carb number 1. (See attached photo) Again, if my memory is correct all 4 were marked, may be wrong? ??? Still looking for more photos.
I am thinking the carb boots also have a distinction from production boots.
Best,
DW

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Steve,
I am looking for all the photos I saved from the eBay posting, but here is one view that shows the 1 on top carb number 1. (See attached photo) Again, if my memory is correct all 4 were marked, may be wrong? ??? Still looking for more photos.
I am thinking the carb boots also have a distinction from production boots.
Best,
DW

Agreed, that certainly looks like a "1" Duane!  until i read the 2014 Motorcyclist article, i had totally forgot these carbs had a gas screw, not an air screw.  and, that 36 hole front hub/rim.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i was just in the website "Machine Types" and had forgotten how many pictures i had uploaded into the website back in 2004.  Really some very  good stuff, and alot of blah-blah-blah i wrote too!

ashimotok0

• View Profile
i was just in the website "Machine Types" and had forgotten how many pictures i had uploaded into the website back in 2004.  Really some very  good stuff, and alot of blah-blah-blah i wrote too!

I 'doff my cap' (old English expression) to you Mr.Swan for all of your stirling efforts.

This is a quote from Gerald Davison of Honda UK

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:28:28 pm by ashimotok0 »

ashimotok0

• View Profile
More pics posted on H&H's site

4pots1969

• View Profile
Here is advertising video for Sale by auction at The National Motorcycle Museum :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v5YV4UcC7o

This advertising banner at bottom appears at the wrong time, so hard to see if the points cover is marked "Made in Japan" but I think it is recent with a marking...

A stop on picture at 0:50 just before the attack of the banner, the cover is well marked "Made in Japan"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:56:15 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Here is advertising video for Sale by auction at The National Motorcycle Museum :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v5YV4UcC7o

This advertising banner at bottom appears at the wrong time, so hard to see if the points cover is marked "Made in Japan" but I think it is recent with a marking...

A stop on picture at 0:50 just before the attack of the banner, the cover is well marked "Made in Japan"

Thanks Gerard for posting the video, about made me feel like puking.  i clicked out of the video when i saw the fuel tap lever in the partially open position.  for whatever reason, between seeing the lever partially open and the shitty music, i was disgusted.  not much else to say except  more media hype promulgated by jackasses.  as if we don't get enough of that already here in the usa.  so, ask me how i really feel.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Even in the condition that PP2110 currently sits in, I bet it brings more than £40,000. IMHO
DW

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Interesting to see something other than pictures One really would't know, without inspecting the bike very very methodically, what is or isn't original to this bike.The rear indicator lens is of a later era as the DOT sticker gives it away as does the double row of writing on the lens, and have a look at the RH top triple clamp bolt. Something from the local hardware shop I suspect. The Made in Japan points cover is very obvious in the video. The shocks have been pointed out previously but they are really evident in the video
It's all about the fine print as well
Lets say this bike bids to 50,000. We have then to pay a buyers premium of 12.5% then VAT at 20% (I believe foreign buyers don't have to pay the VAT). Is the VAT calculated before or after the buyers premium. Final price will be (with VAT calculated after buyers premium) 67,500 pound or at the very least 66,250 (Around US$94,000)  :o
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I imagine it'll either be a bargain or a bust.  I can't imagine it would sell less than 40,000 GBP..   That would be around  $54,000 USD.  i wouldn't be surprised if it sold for $60k or more.