Honda CB750 Sandcast

PP Brighton Bike to be auctioned in UK..On Facebook spotted by James Harrington

ashimotok0 · 114 · 15958

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What I know of 2110...
Acquired by current owners some 30 years ago. Last used on UK roads back in 1977. So, after its road test life was used for about 8 years - worth remembering that mostly back then motorcycles were used as year round transport in a climate which is not generally kind to chrome and alloy!
So, it had lived a life when found.... In addition to changes made during its road test life (carbs changed to production set to enable balancing to cure poor running, as reported in Motorcycle Sport report on 1969 Isle of Man TT testing), and changes when first sold in Sept. 1969 (master cylinder, metal brake pipe, brake Union, rear light and number plate brake),it suffered wear and tear resulting in exhausts being changed (likely rotted out), points cover changed due to crash damage, etc.
Whether the rear shocks were changed, I do not recall. I know these things having been privileged to know the owner these last 30 years, during which time we discussed the bike many times. We also compiled pages of notes about its "differences" as compared to production bikes during this time, and way before the discovery of 2113. Unfortunately those notes are at home, some 12,000 miles away presently, hence I can comment no further at this time.
I will be at the auction to crawl around 2110, and maybe even to bid.
Quite a lot has been debated here about correctness of 2110, and the way it has been publicised. Personally I think the auction house have done a poor job. Pictures have appeared in different places and at different times not all of which are actually on the auction house web site. When I requested further information via their web site they did not even bother to reply.
 It should however be acknowledged that the guys who have loosely reassembled 2110 to enable it to be sold have done a pretty good job given the circumstances. Their starting point was a restored basic rolling chassis (frame, forks, wheels) with basic engine fitted (sump, alt cover, gear change cover not fitted). The remainder of the bike was located in several sheds, smaller items being boxed. With no photographic record of 2110 prior to strip down, the now deceased owner was the only person who truly knew where all the original parts were. Furthermore, the guys who re-assembled the bike have no connection to the auction house, and therefore any suggestion of mis-representation should not be attributed to these guys; they have merely tried to assist the late owner's wife at a difficult time.

Let's hope that the new owner is someone who wants it for what it is as opposed to for investment reasons, and that unlike 2113, we get to see it again after the auction.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pictures follow of the original master cylinder, brake pipe, etc, removed from 2110 in 1969, which I was able to acquire some years ago.....

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And now the master cylinder itself....

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

DW69K0

• View Profile
Chris,
That is so cool that you have these parts in your possession, almost 50 years ago they were born.
You are the right person to hold these unique pieces of history, with your knowledge of the bike.
Best,
DW

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I still can't believe we only got such a fleeting glance of the 750 in this. I think the one raised up on the turntable was the green pp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EszC7DBt-XU

Mind you the CB450K0 was described as  a 'BSA Golden 500'  in this clip ! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqX-u6tyEpI
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:01:14 pm by ashimotok0 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed that the green one was on the turntable based on the front indicator lens fitted.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Agreed that the green one was on the turntable based on the front indicator lens fitted.

good call chris lol
 i was always lead to believe  that was the gold bike simply because it was called the brighton bike on compareing the honda with the earlier pics of a greaves scrambler which we all know had green fibreglass tank i tend too agree
the gold honda was the first ever pics i saw of a cb750 and never saw a real one untill much later. so the sale of this bike today spans the whole of my interests in the honda cb750

4pots1969

• View Profile
156 870 EUR / 193 211 USD + the taxes on the sale !!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:27:06 pm by 4pots1969 »

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile