Honda CB750 Sandcast

PP Brighton Bike to be auctioned in UK..On Facebook spotted by James Harrington

ashimotok0 · 114 · 15982

4pots1969

• View Profile
the value of 2113 just went up to 500k usd.  and the value of production bikes just increased by anywhere from 10% to 25% or more.

I do not think we can make relationships for the sales of pre-production bikes with the values of production bikes...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:35:37 pm by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
the value of 2113 just went up to 500k usd.  and the value of production bikes just increased by anywhere from 10% to 25% or more.

I do not think we can make relationships for the sales of pre-production bikes with the values of production bikes...

Gerard, i respectfully disagree with you, however i do not have time to write my rationale.  Time will tell.  We shall see.  Wouldn't be the first time i am wrong. 

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I suspect early frame number bikes will be more sought after given there are no current PP bikes for sale I would like to know more about the green PP
Yabba Dabba KP

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I suspect early frame number bikes will be more sought after given there are no current PP bikes for sale I would like to know more about the green PP

Could it be that the green pp bike was kept by Honda UK and subsequently dismantled Kerry? Just a hunch but the carb person definitely had a sandcast bottom end at one time, which had been in the UK since the early days and almost certainly from the same source and time-frame as the carbs. Unlikely that many  sandcast engines would be around in the UK over 45+ years ago. I will try to investigate more.

4pots1969

• View Profile
Gerard, i respectfully disagree with you, however i do not have time to write my rationale.  Time will tell.  We shall see.  Wouldn't be the first time i am wrong. 

By cons I agree with you enough that the very small numbers below thirty may actually take value but perhaps I did not understand because the translator often marks me anything... :) ;)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Could it be that the green pp bike was kept by Honda UK and subsequently dismantled Kerry? Just a hunch but the carb person definitely had a sandcast bottom end at one time, which had been in the UK since the early days and almost certainly from the same source and time-frame as the carbs. Unlikely that many  sandcast engines would be around in the UK over 45+ years ago. I will try to investigate more.
Interesting Ash. I did hear years ago that it is owned by someone in Europe but nothing supports that as no evidence . You may be on t something. Those carbs are a real turn up and even if they are found to be 350 raciing two pair of those would be as correct as one could get I believe. Yes, please keep the good detective work up. Between you and Chris the club we have is enriched by both of you. Non dementors 😊
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:51:23 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It’s a bit crystal ball 🔮 to say what will happen re prices but I do think single digit and double digit will move, double digit more so as singles are rarely if ever for sale. Low triples to say 500 would also be affected. Nevertheless a low mile unrestored bike will always bring big $$$$$$$
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
It’s a bit crystal ball 🔮 to say what will happen re prices but I do think single digit and double digit will move, double digit more so as singles are rarely if ever for sale. Low triples to say 500 would also be affected. Nevertheless a low mile unrestored bike will always bring big $$$$$$$

Quiz Question #1:  How many distinctions are there between the lowest digit vin we know and say, vin 250?

Quiz Question #2:  What are  these distinctions?

perhaps we should give a prize to the winner...?

Hint:  i do not know the most possible numbers and types of distinctions.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I would be guessing but I think probably not many because they still randomly used the early bits on bikes even further. Scolloped exhaust spigots on E342 F244. Maybe the waffle cam cover and the solid rear hub, maybe the hand dented frame for air box but my overall thoughts are none 😊 Bo being the owner of many low fram numbered bikes could possibly add a few The man with the mostest 😜
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i think the 10mm rotor bolt.  and one of the bolts on rear of case that bolt cases together.  

i just went to "Production Models" in the website.  an incredible amount of great info on engines i loaded back in the day.  and a huge THANK YOU to Chris for loading all the chassis data.

here's what i logged on the rear case bolt.  

Bolt, hex  8x80 - 1 - 140 -  92100-08080-0S
Bolt, hex  10x82 - 141 - 7414 - 90048-300-000

(Bolt located in LH rear corner crankcase)
Per 69/7 manual, these two different bolts are indicated as used on 1 - 7414, however the reference number for small bolt is "10" and the reference number for the large bolt is "10A"

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i think the 10mm rotor bolt.  and one of the bolts on rear of case that bolt cases together.  

i just went to "Production Models" in the website.  an incredible amount of great info on engines i loaded back in the day.

here's what i logged on the rear case bolt.  

Bolt, hex  8x80 - 1 - 140 -  92100-08080-0S
Bolt, hex  10x82 - 141 - 7414 - 90048-300-000

(Bolt located in LH rear corner crankcase)
Per 69/7 manual, these two different bolts are indicated as used on 1 - 7414, however the reference number for small bolt is "10" and the reference number for the large bolt is "10A"

here's what i loaded for the rotor bolt

Crankshaft, complete - 1 - 1080 - 10 mm threaded hole for rotor fixing bolt

Crankshaft, complete  - 1081 - 7414 - 12 mm threaded hole for fixing bolt

1-1080 - bolt, rotor set - (10 mm)

1081-7414 - bolt, rotor set (12 mm)

1-1080 - Washer, 10mm

1081 - 7414  - Washer, 12mm

Who else can contribute?

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Could it be that the green pp bike was kept by Honda UK and subsequently dismantled Kerry? Just a hunch but the carb person definitely had a sandcast bottom end at one time, which had been in the UK since the early days and almost certainly from the same source and time-frame as the carbs. Unlikely that many  sandcast engines would be around in the UK over 45+ years ago. I will try to investigate more.
Interesting Ash. I did hear years ago that it is owned by someone in Europe but nothing supports that as no evidence . You may be on t something. Those carbs are a real turn up and even if they are found to be 350 raciing two pair of those would be as correct as one could get I believe. Yes, please keep the good detective work up. Between you and Chris the club we have is enriched by both of you. Non dementors 😊

Kind words .. I often feel a bit of an imposter on here though Steve .. as I am only a humble, albeit very early,  diecast owner. The whole thing fascinates me and you guys have such detailed knowledge that coming on this site you get drawn into the discussion as if mesmerised by the eyes of Kaa the snake in the Jungle Book (original version of course).  :)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Kind words .. I often feel a bit of an imposter on here though Steve .. as I am only a humble, albeit very early,  diecast owner. The whole thing fascinates me and you guys have such detailed knowledge that coming on this site you get drawn into the discussion as if mesmerised by the eyes of Kaa the snake in the Jungle Book (original version of course).  :)

We need to find you a sandcast, Ash !

bojje

• View Profile
Hi my friends!
I have made a bunch of photos of ”odd” details found on E43 during my restore. These photos will be posted in about a week. Since my next sandcast is picked-up I can tell you I will get 31/66 to sweden in a month. I have all wrong parts in stock to bring it backt what it was from beginning. However, I am going to keep it as a running patina-bike. I will also post some pictures of #180/302 and #388/407 since all are of the range 19- litres, early gauges and so on.
Be patient, pictures comes, Bo.