Honda CB750 Sandcast

Blue/Green 1185/1232

thomasheck

• View Profile
Blue/Green Serial 1185 Engine 1232

Hello, I wanted to provide some information for posterity as it looks like I sold the old girl and a future owner may find the information useful.

Dad bought the bike from Stan Neville Honda (long defunct) in Pennsylvania in 1971 as a demo bike. I believe the mileage was about 1000 at the time of purchase. I don't remember the exact mileage as it's not listed on my copy of the original title. I was 11 and do remember trying to hold on.

I have had the bike in my possession since the mid 1980s. It was ridden to odometer reading 5950 in June 1998. At that time it was legally transferred into my name (from Mom's name) and as of October 2023 has 6714 miles. 

A bit of trivia, when Dad bought the bike he was often "driver's license challenged" and bought the bike to conceal his identity from the local constables who controlled traffic manually during rush hour back in the day. They all knew each other, belonging to the local Lion's Club.

An excellent bike to not attract attention. I remember you could feel the thing coming.

To obtain insurance and registration Dad had titled the beast in Mom's name, as she held a valid driver's license. I don't know how they kept a straight face with that one. I remember how her attempt a ride a mini-bike with a lawnmower engine ended.

When they divorced Dad had the bike and Mom had the title. Only one person could end up with both; and he's writing this!

While always garaged, I was not doing the bike any favors  and I understand it is going for a restoration and display...Tom

« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 06:47:44 am by thomasheck »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great story Tom. It's a shame to be leaving the family KP
Yabba Dabba KP

thomasheck

• View Profile
Thank you, it has gone to a better place, the New England Motorcycle Museum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcl0WaIErq4
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 06:56:09 am by thomasheck »