Honda CB750 Sandcast

CB750 1970

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
In August this year, I bought myself a nearly original 1970 CB750K0. The bike has only 5000 miles and is imported from the USA to Holland in 1987. It has never had a Dutch license, so the bike is bought by the former owner in 1987 and stored in a shed. The former owner passed away and he left over 30 bikes, this bike included.
The engine runs great, no bad noises, only the clutch was stuck. Almost all bolts and other parts are original, the seat is in great shape, the paint is very nice, some little dents and the air filter house has a small crack. Even the tires are original.

You will understand that I am currently one of the happiest men in Holland!

Here some pics, find more here:
http://picasaweb.google.nl/LecramR/HondaCB750K01970#

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
I made some extra pictures which shows in what great condition this bike is. Some rubber parts are torn, the mirrors are missing and some chrome bolts are rusty. So I made David Silver Spares happy with an extra order. Even the tyres are original! 40 years old.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:00:54 am by Lecram »

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
I bought NOS K0 gauges from DSS. The price was a pain in the ass, but they are very hard to find.

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
I have cleaned and waxed the 40 year old seat and it looks like new (except 2 very little rips)

I also replaced the screws and plates of the grip band (Yamiya)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:41:20 pm by Lecram »

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
Some pics of the dismantling. The frame, rear bridge and centerstand will be painted in vintage look black paint. All welding spits must remain. Some chrome parts are replaced

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
Found K0 footpegs at DSS

And bought gold emblems at Yamiya:

After polishing the painted parts. Note: this is the original paint!

a small crack:

and a scratch:

not bad at all after 40 years!

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome Lecram to our site. Great pictures you have take of your bike. Keep up the pictures as you are restoring this bike. The black badges are an oddity as these were fitted to the Candy Gold bikes and Police bikes as I understand. Maybe you need to check the paint very closely
All the best and don't hesitate to ask any questions you need answering as the members collectively have a vast store of knowledge.
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
Hello and welcome Lecram to our site. Great pictures you have take of your bike. Keep up the pictures as you are restoring this bike. The black badges are an oddity as these were fitted to the Candy Gold bikes and Police bikes as I understand. Maybe you need to check the paint very closely
All the best and don't hesitate to ask any questions you need answering as the members collectively have a vast store of knowledge.
KP

Thanks for your warm welcome.

I found a Honda website with a picture of a Ruby Red K0 with black emblems. Given some details like horn and front fender, this is a late K0. I was surprised to see this. Despite this picture I decided to replace the black ones (which are still is a very nice condition) with gold ones.

This is the website:

http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1969cb750four/

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
I found some yellow/gold paint on the lamp ears and the air filter housing. But not on the side panels, lamp bucket and tank. So it could be that one of the previous owners didn't like the gold color and replaced tanks, lamp bucket and side panels and repainted the lamp ears and air filter. I have a name and address of the owner who owned the bike in 1985, but the doesn't live there anymore. And the previous dutch owner passed away. but I don't believe that he changed the color. The bike hasn't been on the dutch road. It still has its US title.

cb7504

• View Profile

Lecram:
          Welcome to our site, always nice to have another CB750 enthusiast join our club. Very nice detailed pictures of your bike, keep them coming. It would be nice if you would keep us updated by posting pictures and information as your restoration progresses. KP is correct in that the black emblems only came on production gold CB750's. Other non production bikes may have had them installed, but it is not considered the normal production procedure to have black emblems on red or blue CB750's from the factory. Enjoy the site and don't hesitate to ask questions you need answered, as the members collectively have a vast wealth of knowledge on these machines. Marty K.

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
Today I received an email with pics from the paintshop that the frame and frame parts are finished. They look so great! This painter is doing all the paintwork for my bikes. He isn't cheap, but I think that he is the very best motorbike painter in Holland. He is, like me, a perfectionist.
I asked him to do not paint too shiny as it must keep it's vintage look. Also all the welding pitting must remain. That belongs to the bike as the seat and the engine belongs to the bike.

I have to wait until Friday afternoon to pick up this parts. I hate waiting so long before I can see them with my own eyes.

I like to share the pics with you:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:44:47 pm by Lecram »

Riccardo

• View Profile
Very great Job.
Compliments, i need to see the complete bike, after restore.
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

donzie

• View Profile
LECRAM
  looks like you have a very solid bike there. What is the vin#? Are you trying build a bike as close to original as possible?

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
Thanks guys.

The bike is in a great condition. The frame had only some rust on the surface. If it didn't had so much rust, I should have decided to leave it in its original paint, like the red parts.

It is a late K0 with VIN 1040080

ack3r

• View Profile
Hi Lecrae, I am Maurizio.
Can I have news regard Your work on motorbyke?
Have You disassembled also the motor?

I want to watch carefully, because I want to learn   :P
Cb 750 Four k0 1970  "restoring ended"
Xr600r 1986 ''work in progress''
Cb 750 Fa 1980
Vespa Vba1t 150 year 1959