Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast Frame Label

kp · 42 · 16222

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I forgot about Reproduction Decals KP. I think Steve put me on to them for for something else when I first acquired 576. If I had a frame label I would certainly send it on to them as they are in London Ontario, straight up the 401 from me. Just bought my Caddy CTS there a coupe of weeks ago! :) I could have stopped in to see them. Unfortunately my label was painted over, chewed up and beaten to death!! :(
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

jkp2240

• View Profile
Mark
If they are willing to copy for you I would like one also. I did not have one to compare to but agree that one we got won't do it!
John

markb

• View Profile
I brought my label to a local shop to see about reproducing it.  They kept insisting that they could find a font "real close" to the original.  After asking multiple times about scanning it or photographing it they finally agreed to look into it and get back to me.  They just don't get it.  It's frustrating.  KP, is your source in Canada Reproduction Decals?  I've bought some from them and they were on a thinner plastic material.  I don't have one of theirs that's not on a bike so it's a little harder to compare but is their graphics OK?  Maybe I'll just buy another one.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes Mark, that's them and their work is spot on generally as they continually deal with anal individuals like us. I'll send them an email if you like about the sheet material and ask again about accuracy. They also return the original decal being copied so it won't be lost to the universe.
I'll post back
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Done so will wait for a reply  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

markb

• View Profile
I called them and asked if they could do it out of aluminum and was told no.  But I was talking to the person who fills orders.  I did buy one of their labels just so I could check out the graphics.  It was only $6 plus shipping so I figure I might as well.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I bought a Z1 VIN decal off them which they said was spot on. I received it and it was about 8.5 to 9 /10 so emailed them and said it was not accurate. Seems they were using a later VIN decal and just changed the manufacture date. I sent them my original and it came back 99% I say 99% cos nothing is as original as original  :D
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey guys, did we ever go anywhere with this?
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes indeed. That info was posted by Mark and as he stated the fonts are not correct. I bought one and agreed they were good but not accurate. The one now being made by Reproduction Decals is very correct (after the spelling error was changed) and IMHO better to buy theirs than there Z50 item. I sent them an original label as the template
The only issue is the material they use is not as heavy as the original but I suppose once on the bike I doubt it will be such a big deal.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Repro Decals makes good products.  if you have a decal you want made, they'll make it or at least that was the case 10+ years ago when they made decals for my little 1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80 i restored.