Honda CB750 Sandcast

Old member from France

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

johnboy

• View Profile
O,sorry, no its not a sandcast its a verry early diecast, but wit a lower number than the bookes say.
For the Netherlands its suppost to be a number higher than 103**** but i own a bike with a lot lower number than that.

And i also own other bikes, one has a number starting with 1009*** its a USA import-bike, i did buy this bike in the states and take it to the Netherlands last jear.
It neads restoration, it has matching numbers starting with 1009*** that means its a verry earley diecast-bike.
Its from 10/69.

I do own more Honda CB bikes, from 125 twin to the CB 750 '69 (and 3x K0 '70, and K 1 '71 and CB 750 K2 '72).

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi all, my name is Philippe from France. I've been registered on the site for several years. I think I spent more time on the roads with my CB750 that on the web during these last years.... I also got very busy these 5 last years. Anyway, I'm happy now to join this forum.
I've been lucky when I bought my CB750 25 years ago. It was a sandcast model from October 69 - frame #3769 motor #3869. This bike was certainly one of the first 300 CB750 sent in France by Honda Corp in 1969.  I didn't restore it, just done a new paint. The original color was candy red, but I wanted it candy gold.  Since the 20 last years, I've changed some parts (exhaust pipes, shock absorbers, some parts in the motor and used parts ...), but it was normal when riding thousand and thousand miles each year. As you know, this is not a problem with this bike.  With some Club's members (I'm the President of the french CB750 Club), we ride at least 2 or 3000 miles per year during our outing.

We have a lot of competencies in the Club regarding CB750s in general and K0/early bikes in particular and if we can help anyone, it will be with pleasure (I think to Maurizio from Tuscany...!).
Please, find attached a pic from my bike, after a 1200 kms ride in south of France last September (the rear tyre was out of order but has been changed after the ride....).

A bientot,

Phil

the 1st post from Phillipe....

benjixt

• View Profile
Hi Mr swan!

Page #2 of this post
i confirm also  the existence of sandcast after the sandcast

My Father buy a new cb750 (in march 1970) range 1 14XX with sandcast case

this bike was
with double cut front fender and wrinkle tank i assume at 100%

i have picture of this bike from 1970

regard

Benjamin

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:42:31 am by benjixt »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Benjamin, thanks for sharing.  i hope you stay involved and participate in the threads active at this time.

if you got to the thread, "The Sandcast after The Sandcast... A myth?? No, just a reality!!"  you'll see some really great and fascinating posts and pictures.  if you could share pictures of your 14xxx sandcast,that would be great.  

also, we have another thread, "DATE CODES," would be very interesting to see what dates codes are on various parts of your sandcast.

does your sandcast have a wrinkle tank ?  what color is the plastic horn body ?

Can you tell us history on your 14xxx bike ?  when did your father purchase the bike ?  Who was the dealer ?  where was the dealer located ?