Honda CB750 Sandcast

Want To Buy: 4xxx Motor

greggo325

• View Profile
Hello Gents!

I'm hoping to find a sandcast motor, or cases in the 4xxx range.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Gregg

greggo325

• View Profile
Bump.  A 3xxx motor would also work for my project.

Thanks!

Joe K

• View Profile
Here's a sandcast engine on Ebay for sale right now.  I don't think it has a vin stamp on it, although it appears to have been built in May 22, 1969, which would put it near the 2000 t0 3000 time frame.  My engine vin is 4646 and it was cast on July 28, 1969.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190812731528?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Joe K.

cb7504

• View Profile
The sandcast motor on ebay has a set of unstamped replacement cases and the alternator is of the later type. The lower right rear motor mount is also cracked. Still a good motor to use instead of a die cast motor. Marty K. 

cb7504

• View Profile
The seller said there is no damage in the sprocket area and the cases are unstamped replacement sandcast cases. Marty K. 

greggo325

• View Profile
The seller said there is no damage in the sprocket area and the cases are unstamped replacement sandcast cases. Marty K. 

Thanks Marty!  I also have a line on a 5xxx motor in Pennsylvania. 

cb7504

• View Profile
Upon further inspection of the motor the alternator and transmission cover are both from a later year K3 or K4 along with the rubber on the kick starter arm. Also it is the left side rear motor mounts (both) upper and lower that are cracked, not the lower right as i previously stated. Marty K.