Honda CB750 Sandcast

e bay honda

gary · 10 · 2650

gary

• View Profile
It is the most exciting time when you get to add a bike this original to a collection, i am considering just a light oil spray and leaving it as is 40 years of grime and all. It appears i am going to be able to track down the original bill of sale and the bank loan . what fun. Gary

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I gather you rate talking about the bike that just sold on eBay or is it another
Yabba Dabba KP

gary

• View Profile
Yes 889 - 352 , the bad weather has slowed its arrival, should be here tomorrow, seems to be a nice untouched original, the claims are original, chain ,tires, key,etc. Not much paint ware, 10,000 miles, stored 40 years, hoping it is what it is supposed to be. i am very close to finished 786-917.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes I agree Steve An absolutely pristine looking bike from the pics I saw I doubt you'll be disappointed
Yabba Dabba KP

gary

• View Profile
Hi yes it made it today, i realize the pride of ownership may be has swayed me some, but WOW. This bike is untouched I removed the luggage rack and started the clean up. Just had to take a sick day from work . will keep you posted.What fun

CBman

• View Profile
gary: and what abouth the seller? Was everything OK with him ? Was the bike as described ?

gary

• View Profile
Hi the seller was a straight up guy, very honest, he sold it for his brothers wife, she owned it after his passing a few months ago. He thought the tires were original but the date code puts them 1971. the year it was parked. i have cleaned it, most of the paint is really good, front brake i have apart as it needs redone, sliders were stuck, inside the tank is a mess, not rust just goo. i put some bb s and clr and put it in the dryer for a spin, still looks bad so i think i will do the salt water and the 12 volt treatment to it. pulled the pan and checked the screen real clean motor.Not a mark on the bike,the light rust cleaned right up with autosal,the pipes needed a little steel wool very fine type.The bike has never had a wrench on it any where i can see, no tappet adjustments,chain, air filter i don't even think its had a oil filter, not a wrench mark any where. i will get some pictures going next week. Gary

gary

• View Profile
I have the bike running like a champ, inside of the tank looks like new, just kept the vinegar and bbs shaking around took 4 days of soaking but really turned out good. No extra filter needed.