Honda CB750 Sandcast

Yamiya has USA distributor

DW69K0

• View Profile
Steve,
I was just posting the same message, when I found your thread. Yes, interesting to see the same Yamiya parts being offered in the US with free shipping.
Best,
Duane

http://www.ebay.com/usr/machivmotors?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

ashimotok0

• View Profile
David Silver stocks their No No pipes and No.8 bolt sets and I think some body sets. I have asked him if he can stock seat covers /seats but the HONDA logo prevents him from doing this, which is a real shame.

Cheers ... Ash

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I noticed the listings for his no number pipes and it the description made it seem like these pipes were in competition with Yamiya.  Nice to know they are the same as the price is comparable to price directly from Yamiya but only if you wait for a sale.  No waiting from this source. 

A bargain on a complete red foam seat would be what I've been lurking for. 

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I noticed the listings for his no number pipes and it the description made it seem like these pipes were in competition with Yamiya.  Nice to know they are the same as the price is comparable to price directly from Yamiya but only if you wait for a sale.  No waiting from this source. 

A bargain on a complete red foam seat would be what I've been lurking for. 

Quotes from David Silver on questions I asked on behalf of sohc.co.uk

“We do sell the Yamiya no number exhaust sets, cannot get supplied enough of them”

Hi Ash,

"HM341's : Every previous ETA has been exceeded because more and more problems keep presenting themselves. Chinese made moulds, Italian producers, thankfully not my project. I have been led to believe first prototype is almost ready for test fit then we are about 8 weeks away.”

Cheers ... AshD

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I did ask David Silver recently if he was intending stocking Yamiya seats and covers (foams too) and he said that because they have the Honda logo on them, he is prohibited by Honda from selling them.

He joined the SOHC.co.uk forum, at my request in January this year but I think he backed off commenting, which is a real shame after my efforts to get him on board. He asked me to get sensible lists together of questions we needed answering and he would answer via me, which he has done for us on SOHC.co.uk and we can do here too, if anyone is interested. Any particular parts that Yamiya sell for us to ask him if it's possible to stock?

I will ask him again about foams and seats/covers. Perhaps he could get Yamiya to supply, less HONDA logo and then sell a stencil to print our own logo.

ChrisR told me that the original red foams were a multi block construction, with a harder foam where the 'ducktail' hump is. (Steve posted a photo of this 'original' foam recently). I have also seen comments  that the shape of the Yamiya seat never quite looks the correct shape as the original. I wonder if anyone could produce a one piece red foam but with a harder part in the 'ducktail', in order to reproduce the original shape If anyone did manage this, would the Yamiya cover still fit OK?

If you look at Vic Worlds ebay feedback, you will see that at one time he was selling off quite a few new K1 covers and foams, so I guess, like me, he used a new K1 seat as a donor for the pan/trim and strap for his restos. he possibly uses complete Yamiya seats now

Cheers ...AshD
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:15:33 am by ashimotok0 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Whilst Yamiya stock many items they are not the manufacturers of them. Yep there is a bunch of stuff maybe unique to them but you can shop around and find other suppliers. The US supplier of the exhausts is carrying Kawasaki pipes as well as the Honda pipes. Yamiya doesn't carry Kawasaki parts so makes me think the link is not with Yamiya. You will see that Z1 Parts Inc are now selling a myriad of the Honda K0 stuff also carried by Yamiya. Try Webike and PMC as examples
PMC make a lot of CB and Z1 parts (biggest supplier of repop Z1 stuff on the planet) and Classic Bikes is another however I suggest these agents are doing PMC items among other suppliers
http://www.win-pmc.com
http://www.win-pmc.com/replace_z/
http://www.win-pmc.com/replace_cb/
http://www.win-pmc.com/replace_cb/replace_cb_03.html
Yabba Dabba KP

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Complete Yamiya is the way to go so I'll be making that plunge when I can.  I know some take the non red foam versions apart and use old red foam cut strategically to rebuild original 17 hole pans. 

If the red foam complete seat goes on sale I'll pop on one and not bother tinkering with the original foam I've had shoved in a bucket for some years.   

ashimotok0

• View Profile
And now a company in the UK is stocking some Yamiya /PMC stuff. What's more he is based in North Yorkshire and not too far from me.
I have asked him to stock Yamiya/PMC Seats/covers/foams and he has agreed . David Silver refuses point blank to stock them because they have the HONDA logo on them and he is legally tied not to sell anything here with the HONDA logo on.

The link is :  http://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop

The person running it is called David and I have pointed him to this site. He is just starting up and offering a discount this month on some items.

Cheers ... AshD

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Not to rob this thread, but does anyone know who makes the 4-4 megaphone setup advertised on ebay by machmotors?  I really like them...  Alot!

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
I bought some unstamped pipes from machmotors, he said he was in Wisconsin. The charge on my credit card said "chuck".  The pipes came in a box with no external markings except a small tag that said cb750 unnumbered exhaust.  The pipes were wrapped in plastic sleeves, and the box was filled with sprayed in foam.  If anyone opens a box of pipes from Yamiya post a picture before you unpack and I can tell you if it was packed similar.

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Not to rob this thread, but does anyone know who makes the 4-4 megaphone setup advertised on ebay by machmotors?  I really like them...  Alot!

No Problem Steve ... You are the boss after all  ;)
Can you pass on to ChrisR that there is now a UK stockist of Yamiya Stuff. I am sure he will be interested if he doesn't know about them already. I want to get a complete red sponge K0 seat from them plus a host of smaller parts like decal sets and bolt kits.

Cheers ...AshD

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Ash, I have seen the UK site. The CB750 exhausts are of interest for sure, but the description is a little unclear - are they "No No." or not? (Does Yamiya make any stamped pipes in addition to the unstamped ones?). Must investigate further.
It would be good if the Yamiya seats were to be stocked too (or at least the foams and covers). That said, presently I cannot bring myself to use a complete Yamiya seat, the pan only being correct for the first few hundred sandcasts. Maybe just being too picky!

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338