well, it's a motorcycle

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Quiet for the angle !! :o :o :o

Thanks Gerard!  The boy is pretty proud of himself, but he is equally modest. 

i figure since this is general discussion, let's here some other two wheel news!

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Awesome pic. Pure acrobatic. You can be proud.

What series does he race?
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Awesome pic. Pure acrobatic. You can be proud.

What series does he race?

Thanks for asking, Uli !  My son and i are both pretty elated, when Corbin returned to racing, we both had hopes, but no set expectations.  He is 34, and raced back in 2003-2006, and then as life goes, took off 12 years.  He has matured and learned so much over the past 12 years, and is continuing to learn.  Back in the day, he raced the 600 class; we were spending money like there was no tomorrow.

When he made the decision to return to racing, he decided to run the 250 class which is more affordable and he also felt he could better learn essential riding skills, which he has.  He races at a state level, "club racing" - http://www.mra-racing.org/  The overall class he races is the "Production Cup," so there are 3 different displacement classes in that overall class, the 250's, 300's and 400's.  He is finishing consistently in the top 5 overall of the three classes, and he's set new lap records at 2/4 tracks the club races at, and has set new lap times during practice at the remaining tracks.  He plans to do some out of state racing at other races hosted by those out of state clubs, and is talking about moving to the 400 class since Kawasaki will be in their 3rd production year of the Ninja 400, so he is thinking he will buy a 2019 ZXR400 this winter, as he is connected with the local Kawasaki dealer and the factory pays out contingency money.  back in 2003, when we started racing, i was 51, now i am 66, so that is pretty amazing.

In any event, i can say i would enjoy hearing a bit what is going on in your lives, i hope some of the rest of you folks will post.  i would love to see pictures of the parts of the country you live in, and we could make this general discussion where we share our neighborhoods.   Since we all love motorcycles, as far as i am concerned, anything in our lives we feel like sharing has to do with motorcycles.  Hope to hear more from any/all of you.

in closing, here is a picture taken in 2005, you can see his form has changed/improved.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
This arrived today!!!  i waited 81 days for it to get here, and am very happy, an unmolested original 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR !!!!  i have wanted on since i was 15 !!!!!  Rode it a little over 30 miles, it seems to be a good one!  yaay!

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
WOW, That’s something rare. Never seen one personally.
With disc valves. Would like to here her scream.

Congrats, looks very nice!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:26:36 am by Sgt.Pinback »

4pots1969

• View Profile
WOW WOW WOW !! I'm not envious of nature but here I must admit that I envy you a lot because I love the Brigestone GTR 350...:o :o But I only have a simple Parts List.. :'( :'( This machine is absolutely fantastic.....Too beautiful !! I congratulate you for this wonderful purchase !!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:22:05 am by 4pots1969 »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Gerard, shouldnt you have a Motobecane 350?

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
hmmm... I have 3 Motobecane
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:12:20 am by Sgt.Pinback »

4pots1969

• View Profile

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Ebay Germany gives 0,00 articles for Bridgestone GTR350. Null, nada.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i think Bridgestone was aimed mostly if not all at the American market.  i'm guessing most perished because they are 2 strokes.  i call this one a "10 footer," it looks great at 10 feet, then it starts getting pretty crusty, the chrome is covered with tiny pitting, surprisingly the wheel rims are the best and sadly the gas tank is the worst.  but overall, it is a keeper.  last year, i looked at 2 pristine restorations, but they were alot more than i wanted to spend, and then i happened to have some spare cash, and this one just happened to be available.  nos parts are surprisingly inexpensive, nos speedometer $64, tachometer $42, so i am buying parts to put in a box, although i do not intend to ever restore it, i am going to enjoy as is.

What is a Motobecane 350 ?  Ah!  A French 350!  i know nothing about Motobecane mototrcycles.........

4pots1969

• View Profile
Here is the Monster !!
It's a three cylinder...