Honda CB750 Sandcast

skyclimb

• View Profile
hello and thank you for accepting my membership! I recently became a member of the CB750 owners club by an unfortunate death in our family, the bike was purchased when my wife's uncle left the Army in 1969 and had owned it since. When he passed away a month ago, his estate included the bike, which we found buried in the garage not ridden since 1990 with only 6,890 miles on it. As i started to research the motorcycle i realized it was pretty special, he had made mention in his last days that it was a collectable bike and that's why he never sold it. I'm very excited to be able to keep the bike in the family as it was a very important part of his life after military service. ill be posting photos soon of CB750E1000771.

here is the link to the photos.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/4029mayst/library/?view=recent

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:41:31 pm by skyclimb »

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome! He was right, that is a very collectible bike...and a three-digit even! Looking forward to the pics!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
Nice, awesome find.

Start with the master cylinder.  If it drips brake fluid on the tank it may ruin the beautiful paint.

Can you take a picture of the backside of the sidecover, I need to refinish a set and want them as original as possible.

skyclimb

• View Profile
Will do, ill be posting some detailed photos soon, it even has the original dunlop tires, its a time capsule for sure.

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hi and welcome, i just checked out your pictures that is many peoples dream to end up with a bike like that, what will you do with it
pete

DW69K0

• View Profile
Welcome! You have found my dream bike, I would love to spend the winter detailing every original part on this bike piece by piece, no replacements allowed, just rebuilding her to run again.
You have found a gem.
Best,
Duane

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A great find. Has the usual early items from the few pictures available but it also looks to have the round filter housing, #28 carb caps and the switch has no off-on-off markings but has a pointed black kill switch. This is the third such switch I have seen and I'm satisfied that there are 3 variations on the RH switch. Round nose and no off-on-off, pointed nose and no off-on-off and pointed nose with off-on-off. Be interested to see the carb choke lever, the seat pan and the underneath of tank. Interesting to see the small engine number pad but it doesn't surprise. Looks to be a bike that needs a detailed number of pictures for a future reference portfolio
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

skyclimb

• View Profile
I plan on detailing, getting her running and keeping her as original as possible I'll post lots of detailed shots soon thanks all!

skyclimb

• View Profile
The Family has decided to list the Bike on Ebay so please take a look if interested. Thanks much!! :)

CBman

• View Profile

CBman

• View Profile
Not sure from the picture. Does it have short choke lever, or longer one ?

skyclimb

• View Profile
The choke lever is the long one I believe.

Tango911

• View Profile
will go for some decent $$  too bad you cant keep it.  Ill be selling mine as well when its done. Have to pay for the new shop.